Emergency beds or stretchers exist in different varieties and one needs to understand them to select the best one that meets their needs. Emergency beds have plenty of benefits to both the patient and the medical facility.
What you should consider before buying an emergency bed
As you are about to purchase an emergency stretcher or bed, you should keep the following tips in your mind as guiding factors to help get the best type:
- The cost of the bed- The first thing that you should do is to check the price of the emergency stretcher and note if it aligns with the amount you have set aside for it. A stretcher or bed may be excellent for your needs but then the cost is too expensive beyond your capabilities. As a result, you can try to bargain the price down and see if it will reach a suitable amount.
- Durability – Another important thing to note is what the stretcher is made of. In most cases, those emergency stretchers made of aluminium alloy tend to be more robust and durable than those made from other materials. The strength of the stretcher will determine its lifespan and whether it can carry a heavyweight.
- Check if it is water-resistant – A good emergency stretcher should be water-resistant to prevent rotting from the inside when water enters. This is also important since fluids from one patient can be harmful to another patient who will be carried on it.
- Inquire about the warranty – It is your right to ask for a warranty when you buy a stretcher. It will allow you to get free maintenance for the stated period. It will also be helpful when the stretcher becomes faulty and needs to be replaced with a new one.
- Ensure that every part is in good condition – Most people blindly buy items without even checking for possible errors and issues that may make them faulty. As a buyer, take your time to check all parts of the stretcher to find out if they are ok before buying it. If you are not satisfied with a given kind of stretcher, you should ask for another one.
- Check if it is foldable – You should find out if the stretcher can be folded to allow for passage in narrow spaces. The best one is that which can fold in both length and width.
Advantages of emergency beds
Let us take a look at the benefits of having an emergency bed from Modsel in a medical facility.
- It facilitates quick transportation of a patient – With an emergency bed, you can quickly move a patient from one location to another with ease.
- A patient lies in a comfortable position when being moved around – It also helps to maintain a patient in a comfortable state as they are moved from one place to another.
- They are easy to clean – Since the fabric is water-proof and cannot easily crack, it is easy to clean the bed by just wiping it off using a piece of cloth on the fabric parts only. The other parts do not require frequent cleaning because they do not catch stains easily.
If you are in a position to buy an emergency stretcher or bed for your medical facility, then do not hesitate because it has so many advantages. You will gain more from it than what you spent to acquire it.